Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Good Morning, I have a kitchen aid dishwasher Model Number

Good Morning,
I have a kitchen aid dishwasher Model Number KUDE40FXBL1 which was purchased 17 months ago. The "Clean/Drain" light is blinking 4 times per interval and won't reset. I tried unplugging the washer and waiting 30 seconds to no reset...same light blink. Any thoughts?
Thanks Gary T.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good morning, Can you try

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. see if this goes into diagnostics.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All the LEDs on the panel are lit...what next?

great , is the door closed ?

To rapid advance 1 interval at a time, press the

Start/Resume key. Rapid advancing may skip

sensor checks as some checks require 2

complete intervals

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the door is not closed...I pressed the start.resume key and nothing happened. Should i close the door first and then see what happens

okay try the sequence again with the door open. once the lights all light up shut the door and this should automatically start going through diagnostics.(don't touch anything at that point)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it went through the diagnostics after i closed the door...a lot of blinking green light on front of door. It seemed to reset the Clean/Drain button. Should I try cycle?

yes try a cycle now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It didn't run through the cycle. The "Clean/Drain" came back on. How long should the diagnostic cycle take before I open the door? I might have interrupted the cycle before it was finished. I will try once more

I'm not certain on the duration of the diagnostic cycle. try it again and let it run for a while. see if it goes further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I let run it through the Diag. cycle and then tried to run a light wash and it did not work.

okay thats not good news unfortunately. The control has failed. this is around $88.00 and needs to be replaced. heres a link to order it. 95343/0022/665/Model-KUDE40FXBL1/0593/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W1105064&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=KUDE40FXBL1&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20and%20latch%20parts&brandDesc=KITCHENAID&modelDesc=UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER&blt=11&shdMod=KUDE40FXBL1&keyId=6 its located inside the door. number 6 on this diagram, hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Bryan...appreciate your help. Great work.

Your very welcome, have a great day, thanks . Bryan