Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hi, I have an old hotpoint range probably made in the 1950s

Hi, I have an old hotpoint range probably made in the 1950s or 60s and want to replace the drip bowls and rings. I picked up the closest match at the local hardware store and the rings look way different. The 6" drip bowls work but the 8" is just a bit too small. Will it be possible to find an 8.25" bowl? I'm guessing I'm out of luck on the rings, right?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So Hotpoint doesn't still make 8 1/4" drip pans, but I know Frigidaire does and those might work. Below is a link to where you can order them.

CLICK HERE for drip pans

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that one wouldnt work because it has no opening for the burner element to pass through.

So the only other option would be to buy a drip plate ring. This will extend further than 8" so that you can put the 8" drip pan inside the ring. Below is a link to such a part

CLICK HERE

If the element is just too big for the burner, then you're sort of out of options because the unit is just too old and they don't make specific parts for this model anymore.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the answers. i think i'll have to live with the beat up old ones for now.

aye, I'm sorry about that but sometimes these appliances just get too old to be able to fix like we'd like to fix them.