Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

how do I remove the grease filters from a 30" DCS Wall Mount

Customer Question

how do I remove the grease filters from a 30" DCS Wall Mount Range hood
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon :

hello

Jon :

my name is XXXXX XXXXX i am an authorized dcs service tech and i can help you today.

Customer:

How do I remove the grease filters from the range hood? I need to clean the grease from them.

Jon :

in most dcs model hoods you can just grab the hook or tab and pull back then down to remove the filter. but please send me the model number of your machine and I will look up what kind of filters you have and then tell you how to remove them.

Jon :

thanks

Customer:

DCS 30" range hood - can't find the range hood model #. Where can I find it?

Jon :

what is the model number of the hood? I will need the model number to bring up diagrams and pictures of your machine to see what kind of filters you have on your machine.

Jon :

it would either be on the side of the hood or on the manual and user guides.

Jon :

let me see what i can find on my end. be right back.

Customer:

Don't have the manual. Will look on side

Jon :

ok.

Jon :

i am going to upload a link to a few pics of dcs range hoods. please tell me if your hood and filters look like these.

Customer:

EVo718

Jon :

ok. got it thanks.

Customer:

or EVOOO63A

Jon :

on your hood it just looks like vertical stainless steels vents. looks like this.

Jon :

http://www.jesrestaurantequipment.com/product.asp?itemid=17789&utm_source=googleshopping&gclid=CM34-duH77cCFQuZ4AodoT0AEw

Customer:

Yes. they are mounted on an angle'

Jon :

click on the image above to view the picture.

Jon :

right. yes on an angle.

Customer:

Yes that's it but it has only 2 filters (30")

Jon :

what you need to do is grab the left or right side filter, doesnt matter which one, and push towards the front of the machine. there is a retaining clamp that locks these in place. you need to put tension on the clamp by pushing towards the front of the filter. Then while pushing forward pull the back of the filter down and out.

Customer:

h\I see the tab but how do you push it down then up?

Jon :

be very careful not to slice your hand as for these stainless steel filters are very sharp. you may want to wear gloves.

Customer:

ok

Jon :

with two hands, one hand on the right side of one filter, and the other on the left side of the filter, push the filter towards the front of the machine. you should feel the filter shift towards the front of the machine, towards the control area, about an inch or two. Then pull the back end of the filter, the end closest to the wall, down. the filter should come out.

Customer:

trying now

Jon :

ok. so if you have the 30'' model you will have two filters. just pick either the right or left filter to pull out first. and again put one hand on the left side of the one filter and your other hand on the right side and push the filter or slide the filter forward. you should feel it move. when you do, pull the back of the filter down and out.

Jon :

ok. let me know how you do. I'll be here.

Jon :

here is a video showing you how to remove the filter from an island hood. i know it is not the model hood you have, but it will use the same filters. and the video will show you how to remove the filters.

Customer:

got one out but the other is stuck

Jon :

here is the video.

Customer:

what engineering nightmare...got it by forcing it out

Jon :

check out the video. it will show you how to do it.

Customer:

thanks

Jon :

ok. good. yes it is not the best design.

Jon :

glad you got it out. now you know how to do it.

Jon :

you can just through the filter in the dishwasher for easy clean up if you like.

Jon :

you are very welcome.

Jon :

please get back to me here if you need anything else.

Jon :

please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating so that I may get credit for helping you from the website. What you have paid already is a deposit to get your question listed. That money goes to the website and not to me. You will have to rate me positively and accept my answer if you feel that I have helped you today.

Jon :

if you feel that I havent helped you please get back to me here and tell me how i could help you more. But again, if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions and helped you get the filters out of the hood, please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now. Thanks again.

Jon :

And if you have more questions on this machine, even at a later day and time, please come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

Thanks.

Jon :

are you still there?

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Terry,

I am still here for you if you need me. Just get back to me here at any time and I will help you more and for no additional charge.

Thanks.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Terry,

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.