Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Refidg. model ED5RHEXNL00 stopped cooling and everything

Customer Question

My Refidg. model ED5RHEXNL00 stopped cooling and everything thawed. I un- plugged it, turn the dial to off, and turned it back on and reset the dial and it cooled down. It worked for a couple of days and did it again. I have repeated this twice. The same thing happens. It runs for a while, cools down, then fails again. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! When it quits cooling, does it go totally dead with no fans or anything running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes,the fan stops. and it it appears quiet. Lights are still on.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great, thank you! That is a very common problem and will involve replacing the thermostat. The thermostat is number 9 in the diagram, pictured and available below. Replacing it will remedy your intermittent cooling.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Thermostat <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Kelly! Does the wire from the themostat that runs inside the plastic rail on the side just slide out, or is it connected to something in the back?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That whole tube needs to come out, it goes back and clips around the area of where the air comes out (number 24). The new thermostat capillary tube will slide in the tube and then clip in the exact same way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Kelly! I got it. I don't think I could have done it without you! Excellent service smiley face from me!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much! Please let me know if you have trouble once you get the part. There is no charge for follow up questions!