Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

viking oven mod #vgic365-6ss. cust compl was that the oven

viking oven mod #vgic365-6ss. cust compl was that the oven wouldnt get to temp. igniters are good, but the burners are blown out from corrosion..also the burners dont light properly . i watched as the right burner and the left burner came on and off at random. is that a bad gas valve or something related to the burners being blown out. help me o viking master
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is NOT a bad gas valve. You need to replace the burners that are blown out and you also need to replace the oven igniters next to the blown out burners. When the burners blow out, too much flame gets to the igniters causing them to super heat. This causes the igniters to start changing resistance over time. They won't draw 3.2 amps anymore so when they start bordering that 3.2 amp area, the flames will turn on and off as the gas valve cuts in and out. Just replace the igniters and the burners and you'll be good to go again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

once again , you rock. thanks

not a problem at all.