Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My wmo642hw stopped working with a LE code flashing. in wash

My wmo642hw stopped working with a LE code flashing. in wash it goes back and forth 2 times stops jerks 4 times with a pitched sound and stops. On spin it spins at a slow speed jerky after a 2 minutes the electric shuts off the jerky motion and sound stops and the drum sins freely, smoothly to a stop.
Bill

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The LE code means there is an issue with the motor circuit. This is most often caused by a poor connection at the motor connector, specifically the sensor connector. The control does not know what the tub is doing, so it flashes the LE code. I would remove the rear access panel, remove the Allen bolt and the metal rotor assembly in the center of the tub and pull it off. Locate the connection on the motor stator assembly, pictured below. With the machine unplugged, remove the connector carefully and brush both sides with a toothbrush. Plug the unit back in and if the error code remains, the stator assembly will likely need to be replaced and is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Stator Assembly

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have atno additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the back off and will ck the connections.

Bill

Sounds good, keep me posted!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did not help. Any other connections I should check ,board ect?

You can remove and replace the connection at the board, but if the code is still there, the motor assembly will probably need to be replaced. This is a common issue with these machines.

Stator Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.