Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I used my oven for cooking tonight and when I went to stop

Customer Question

I used my oven for cooking tonight and when I went to stop baking, my oven would not shut off. I may have pushed the oven cleaner by mistake, but I don't know. Only the top coil is on. I have pressed cancel several times and even shut off the circuit breaker for about a half hour but when we turn the power back on the top coil lights up and the heat is tremendous. I hope you can help me.

Maytag Range MER 5730AAW

I hope you can help me. Thank you, Linda
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Just so I understand you, the oven control is showing all is off but the top broiler is staying on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Okay, this is a dangerous situation and you will definitely want to keep the breaker off! The relay on the oven control that is for the broiler is welded shut. It is not something you can replace by itself but will need to replace the oven control as an assembly. This is not a difficult repair and you can easily replace the control! All you need to do is remove the rear access panel on the back of the stove and remove four screws that keep the control in place. The wires all just unplug and plug in, so it is not hard at all. The control you need is pictured and available below. I can help you install the control once you receive it. There is absolutely no extra charge for this follow up help.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Oven Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not use the broiler tonight so how can this happen?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
It is just an electronic failure. Nothing you did caused it, it just happened. This is not an uncommon failure.