Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My jenn air dual fuel updraft slide in range is having a keypad

Customer Question

My jenn air dual fuel updraft slide in range is having a keypad issue. Warming drawer, oven light and timers work, but all other buttons just beep twice when pressed and do not work. Cleaners were here today. Did they lock it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.. do you have the model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
8101p698-60
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Did that model number come off the range itself or a book ? its not comming up can you recheck it from the range itself ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
8114p732-60
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I'm really trying to help but that number doesn't come up either. where are you getting that from? does this have a drawer in the bottom ? if so look in there for a model number tag.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Right off the inner oven door. This is not helpful.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I'm really sorry, I know its not helpful, If I cant bring up your model I cant pull up the tech sheets, is this an American range ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The model number comes up on google. I do not understand how you cannot find it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay the numbers your giving me are for a manual. not the actual range model number. have you looked in the drawer to see if theres another tag. I go directly to the Whirlpool tech info(whirlpool makes Jenn Air ) and these numbers don't come up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
JDS8860BDP16
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Perfect ! Let me pull up the tech sheets, be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay lets see if they locked the control by accident.

Press the Back and Enter pads at the same time, holding for three seconds. see if this unlocks the control.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i need a minute, but I tried that earlier

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay, if its doesn't work they may have got cleaner down into the control or the touch pad, most likely the touch pad though.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK that did not work. My husband turned of the breaker and that re-set it though, i.e., cut the power and turned it back on. Just fyib

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay thats good, I think they got moisture into the control which scramble it. sorry for all the trouble with the model number. if it scrambles again try using a hair dryer and warm the keys up massaging them with your fingers to get them dried out. hopefully it wont happen but they definitely got cleaner or moisture into the control. this doesn't happen by itself. At least you have the model number written down now for future reference. Have a great night and thanks, Bryan