Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, I have a GE dryer PDVH515EF0WW that stop after 1 or

Customer Question

Hello, I have a GE dryer PDVH515EF0WW that stop after 1 or 2 minute running. It works only on the timed mode, every else cycle stop after 1 or 2 minute
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, does this make a loud buzz when you first start it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you need more information?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Have you tried running this in the auto cycle with the vent off ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I do, it runs 2 minute and stopped. The screen indicate estimated time wrote 0:00 when it stop

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay it sounds like in auto its overheating, this would be caused by the automatic thermostat which is not used by the timed dry cycle. one thing though, Your model number isn't comming up can you recheck that ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

PDVH515EF0WW, but I'm in canada maybe it can make a difference

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I saw one with 2 or 3 wire on it, directly on the side of the blower in the front. the number is 199B2140P. The inside duc of the dryer was really dirty and the thermostat was very dirty to, so I clean everything and I'm testing it right now.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay let me know if cleaning it does it, that may have been the issue , when these are dirty really bad they don't sense the heat and can overheat shutting this down. let me know, thanks , Bryan