Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher that was not draining. I replaced

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher that was not draining. I replaced the drain pump and it would not start. There were only two electrical wires for the drain pump and I don't believe it matters which wire goes where. At any rate the blue wire was on the bottom so I put it back just as it was. I don't believe I disturbed any other wiring. Eventually it started and drained. Now it will not start the electronic control in start mode --NORMAL glows green and I close the door and the green glow goes out. I reset the breaker but same problem. I have an Analog Multi-meter, and was going to test the micro door switch for continuity tomorrow as the dishwasher is downtown. Do you think I am on the right track? What else should I look for. Model number kudpo1flss1
Serial number fp0202810

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Have you tried a hard reset ?

To reset, press "Heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash" All the lights will flash at which point you can press cancel to reset the board. If the error comes back then replace the element, the only other possibility is the board itself is bad.

if you don't have a heated dry button use the air dry or energy saver dry button. some machines are different.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I will try a hard reset tomorrow. Will you be on line in the morning?

Thank you,

yes I will Howard, just get back to me then, hopefully all it needs is to be reset. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your the man Bryan!

okay thanks ! LOL . We don't know if its going work yet so just reply tomorrow and hopefully it does.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good morning
On this dish washer I have the following buttons heavy,normal,light/china,rinse only, hi temp scrub,Sani rinse,energy saver dry, 4 hour delay, start, and cancel. Which should I depress for a hard start?
try hi temp scrub and energy saver dry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi temp scrub light is difficult to get to come on. I did get the light on once when I pressed normal. At any rate I can,t get it to blink
okay try normal then energy saver dry, one of these combos should put this in diagnostics.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Both of those lights are on but holding them both down does not cause th to blink
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay rinse only light started blinking after holding normal and energy saver dry buttons on for a good minute
okay well you did everything correctly so that means the main control has failed. Main Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View I hate giving bad news but it is bad. you can order this @ its located inside the door. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you sure it is not the micro switch for the door? Since I have the whole control panel off now?
you can check them if you wish, I've never seen the door switches cause that though. heres a link to a video on how to test them if that helps,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you
your very welcome, best of luck, have a great day ! thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Excellent video on how to test for continuity on the micro switch for the door! As you suspected mine was good. Therefore I guess I have to replace the dishwasher as I don't think it is worth putting a $135 into it. A real bummer I hate it. Thanks again for the help

Sorry about that, Sometimes its better to bite the bullet and replace these machines, We are here to help you but thats as much as we can do,good luck and well wises, thanks Bryan