Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a bosch dishwasher model SHU43CO2UC/17. The cycle starts

Customer Question

I have a bosch dishwasher model SHU43CO2UC/17. The cycle starts but no water fills the tank. I'm not getting an error message when I try diagnotics HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Does the machine start running immediately after turning on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Can you remove the access panel that is right below the door and feel in the plastic tub for water, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok It will take me a minute. There is water in the filter section

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Take your time and let me know what you find, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry for the delay. I felt inside the plastic tub and there is no water

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, are you able to look in that plastic tub, to the left, and see a red plastic rod? At the bottom of that red plastic rod is a stryofoam block. Is that sitting on the base of the machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can barely see a platic rod because there is something in the way and I cant tell if its sitting at the base of the machine. It does not look like its touching the floor

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well that is what is causing your problem. That rod is designed to float up and activate a switch to keep the pump running and allow nothing else to happen. Usually, it is water that causes it to rise, but it is not uncommon for a mouse or other critter to get in the dishwasher base and cause that rod to move up and activate the switch. You will need to access that rod near the bottom and see why it is being held up. Once that rod is repositioned, you will have restored proper operation.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!