Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 8 year old Kenmore side by side Refrigerator, it is

I have a 8 year old Kenmore side by side Refrigerator, it is keeping things cold, but I can feel a hot spot on top of the refrigerator near the freezer and in front of the partition between the freezer and refrigerator compartment. Is this normal or does
my appliance need repair.
Hello, and thank you for using Pearl.com. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your problem today.
So it's fairly normal for the divider and the frame around the refrigerator/freezer to be warm. If it's really hot to the touch, that is a different story. Pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back panel. Make sure the fan next to the compressor is running. The front frame gets hot when the compressor is over overworking. If the fan isn't running, then it sounds like your condenser fan motor may need to be replaced or you need to remove the blockage preventing the fan from running. Other than that, clean the coils below the refrigerator and the compressor should run more efficiently.
Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!