Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GE dishwasher Model PDW1800NBB, I cannot set the

I have a GE dishwasher Model PDW1800NBB, I cannot set the cycle I want. The delay light runs and I am unable to disengage the delay button and the green lights continue to run up and down the line. Sometimes it will stop on a cycle and runs. However, I am unable to choose. Your help please.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this trick suggested because you think there is water under the panel?

Well, not necessarily just moisture, but that is one thing, yes. Did it change the behavior at all?