Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have a 2008 model NNT954SFX have the following code H97 What

Have a 2008 model NNT954SFX have the following code H97
What does it mean
how do I clear it or fix it ?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

H97 is a rather difficult error code to repair I'm afraid. There are a lot of possibilities and no way to test for certain if some of the parts are good or not. H97 can be caused from several things, but it all means the same thing–-the magnetron is not drawing the amount of power needed. You could have a faulty magnetron itself, a faulty inverter board, or one of your door switches can just not be activating correctly. You can’t test the magnetron or the inverter board, so the best thing to do is check the door switches. Unplug the unit and remove the control panel. This will give you access to the door switches to the left of the control panel opening. There should be 3 switches which you can remove and make sure they don’t look burnt. Push on the little actuator buttons and see if the switches still click. If so then reinstall the switches and shut the door to make sure the door is activating all the switches when the door shuts. If so, then it’s time to guess which part you want to replace–either the magnetron or the inverter board. The manufacturer will tell you to replace the inverter board first, and I agree that I find more inverter boards that fail causing this problem than any other part.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!