Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

I have a 1991 built-in double oven, item #19597, 90001, description:

I have a 1991 built-in double oven, item #19597, 90001, description: W216 per the sales receipt. IT has given wonderful service, but suddenly the upper oven does not work. Neither the upper nor lower elements heat up when set to do so. The lower oven works just fine. Is there something I can do to restore functioning? If not, who is a local repairman? I am in the Detroit suburb of Farmington Hills, 48331.
Thank you for your response! Judy

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today

repairguy :

I am looking at the parts breakdown, but it is not showing all the wiring.

repairguy :

If the top oven is not working but the lower oven is then most likely what has happened is a thermal fuse has gone bad, or a wire has burnt into

repairguy :

One of the main problems is when looking at the parts breakdown, the majority of the parts are no longer available.

repairguy :

If you are going to have a person fix this for you, I would go with a local repair company that you trust, I am from St. Louis, and it is hard to recommend someone when I'm not living there. You can also log on www.whirlpool.com and schedule through them and they will send out a authorized repair person, to look at this for you.