Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

hi I stopped a dishwasher midcycle and closed the door when

hi I stopped a dishwasher midcycle and closed the door when I got back and it won't restart. Not sure which numbers you need but here's what I've got... E39927 LR111720 PDB1600AWE 30384889EX
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the unit won't give any signs of light at all and won't fill/drain/wash or anything, then most likely your door switch assembly has failed. But before we look at the door latch assembly, lets make sure your dishwasher is getting power form your house. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then it's time to take the door apart. Open the door and remove the screws all around the border of the inner door liner. The door will split apart and you can look for a broken wire at the door hinge as sometimes the wire will break in this area. If you find nothing wrong with the wires, then below is a link to the latch assembly with switches you'll want to order and replace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is water standing in the bottom of the machine... does that make a difference?

Not at all. It just means that it was in the middle of a cycle when it stopped, which you already knew because you said that you opened the door mid-cycle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the power was not connected. Thank you.

Awesome. I'm glad it was such a simple fix!