Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I dropped a small wooden object into my gas oven... If fell

I dropped a small wooden object into my gas oven... If fell right into the right gas vent on the bottom of the oven. Is it possible for me to get it out? If I don't, is it a fire hazard? Thanks -
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I would definitely think there would be a fire hazard if you don't remove the wood. Do you have a model number so I can see how you would access in the vent? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
OK so the floor inside the oven should come out. To do this, open the door and remove the oven racks. There are 2 screws at the back of the floor inside the oven. Remove these 2 screws and the floor will pull up at the back and then you can pull it out so taht you may remove the wood that fell through the vents.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This was perfect - easy directions; quick response. Sorry for the late follow up - my Internet must have not sent the last message. Thank you!!
No problem and I'm glad I could help!!