Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a very old Sears microwave - probably around 30 years

I have a very old Sears microwave - probably around 30 years old. The model # XXXXX XXXXX I know "They don't make 'em anymore" and I could replace it with a new one. However, I like the features/size of this and we have built our cabinets around it so it would mean a lot to me if I could repair this rather than replacing it. Is there a replacement (new or used) control panel available which would work in this microwave? I appreciate any help/advice that would enable me to continue to use my "vintage" microwave. Thanks very much. Pat Neary [email protected]
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There are 3 more numbers before the numbers you posted. Can you please look and see if they are visible on the data tag?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I looked on the back of the appliance and found this: 8T(NNN) NNN-NNNN--- maybe that is a serial number or something else. I could not find the model # XXXXX the back of the microwave. I got the information I previously sent off of the laminated cardboard which says across the top of the page: operating instructions for model 99891. I also still have the use and care of your Kenmore Microwave oven manuel which also simply has Microwave Oven Model 99891 on the front cover. The multi-Power Microwave Miracles cookbook does not have any model or serial numbers in it.

There may be a tag inside the microwave or around the door opening.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I looked again on the back of the oven and found the model # XXXXX it is quite faded and difficult to read. I think it is 564 (NNN) NNN-NNNNand the other # XXXXX XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN

That circuit board is actually still available through Sears and their rebuild center! It is available below!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I rated OK service because I ordered the part, charged it on my Master Card and was given a delivery date. When the part wasn't delivered on the expected date Friday June 28 I was busy with house guests. So about three weeks later (yesterday, July 12 in fact) I telephoned and was told the part was not available and my money refunded. I was very disappointed and still don't understand why the information I received on the computer indicated that the part was available at the time I ordered it. I would still like to get the circuit board 10781R and was told one might turn up in about six months. I guess I'll just keep calling and hope I get lucky enough to find one in stock again someday. If you have any good suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them. Thank you, Pat Neary

You may be able to send it in for repair to the company at the link below.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so very much. I went to the link and printed the form. I'll 'phone the company and ask if they can repair/rebuild the part. I really appreciate your suggestion ~ I'm hoping for success this time. Your rating is going up..........Pat

Thanks, let me know what you find because there are other rebuild centers, but that one is the largest. Have a great Sunday!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks again very much. I plan to call on Monday and will let you know as soon as I find out any information. I appreciate your help and want to try every possible option before I give up on this repair project. Pat

I totally understand, keep me posted!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, no luck yet - The CoreCentric response was negative. Thanks for your continuing help.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Pat

Here is another place that deals specifically with microwave electronics.

CLICK HERE