Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a very old Sears microwave - probably around 30 years

Customer Question

I have a very old Sears microwave - probably around 30 years old. The model # XXXXX XXXXX I know "They don't make 'em anymore" and I could replace it with a new one. However, I like the features/size of this and we have built our cabinets around it so it would mean a lot to me if I could repair this rather than replacing it. Is there a replacement (new or used) control panel available which would work in this microwave? I appreciate any help/advice that would enable me to continue to use my "vintage" microwave. Thanks very much. Pat Neary ~XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There are 3 more numbers before the numbers you posted. Can you please look and see if they are visible on the data tag?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I looked on the back of the appliance and found this: 8T(NNN) NNN-NNNN--- maybe that is a serial number or something else. I could not find the model # XXXXX the back of the microwave. I got the information I previously sent off of the laminated cardboard which says across the top of the page: operating instructions for model 99891. I also still have the use and care of your Kenmore Microwave oven manuel which also simply has Microwave Oven Model 99891 on the front cover. The multi-Power Microwave Miracles cookbook does not have any model or serial numbers in it.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There may be a tag inside the microwave or around the door opening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I looked again on the back of the oven and found the model # XXXXX it is quite faded and difficult to read. I think it is 564 (NNN) NNN-NNNNand the other # XXXXX XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That circuit board is actually still available through Sears and their rebuild center! It is available below!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I rated OK service because I ordered the part, charged it on my Master Card and was given a delivery date. When the part wasn't delivered on the expected date Friday June 28 I was busy with house guests. So about three weeks later (yesterday, July 12 in fact) I telephoned and was told the part was not available and my money refunded. I was very disappointed and still don't understand why the information I received on the computer indicated that the part was available at the time I ordered it. I would still like to get the circuit board 10781R and was told one might turn up in about six months. I guess I'll just keep calling and hope I get lucky enough to find one in stock again someday. If you have any good suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them. Thank you, Pat Neary

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You may be able to send it in for repair to the company at the link below.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so very much. I went to the link and printed the form. I'll 'phone the company and ask if they can repair/rebuild the part. I really appreciate your suggestion ~ I'm hoping for success this time. Your rating is going up..........Pat

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, let me know what you find because there are other rebuild centers, but that one is the largest. Have a great Sunday!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again very much. I plan to call on Monday and will let you know as soon as I find out any information. I appreciate your help and want to try every possible option before I give up on this repair project. Pat

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I totally understand, keep me posted!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, no luck yet - The CoreCentric response was negative. Thanks for your continuing help.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Pat

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Here is another place that deals specifically with microwave electronics.

CLICK HERE