Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My refrigerator; Mod. PDS 22 MF SBCC, has been making a click

My refrigerator; Mod. PDS 22 MF SBCC, has been making a click noise from the top control area flowed by a rumble or girgle that repeats at 2 second intvals. The compressor stopped running. The cabinet light dims a little with the click.
This started intemitenly after a power outage a month or so ago then got worse (longer epasodes). Today it is contious with no cooling.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

How long is the rumbling noise going on for?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just took the cover off the circuit board in the back. The black relay on the board is what is cycling and making the clicking noise.

The rumble comes from inside the box near the evap fan compartment and stops & starts over with each cycle of the relay on the board. Every two seconds.

I noticed it when I got up this morning and has been 5 hrs now, no cooling.

Its been happing the last couple months for about 20 mins in the morning sometimes in the evening, then stops.

OK that's what I thought. There is no way to reset this problem, the board itself will need to be reset if unplugging the unit for 60 seconds doesn't reset the issue. The part is all plug and play so if you're handy you can definitely replace it yourself. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!