Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model 363.14072793. I do not use

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model 363.14072793.
I do not use the unit often.
Over the last week I noticed the laminated floor in the kitchen by the dishwasher was beginning to warp. After using the dishwasher I noticed that water was being retained in the tub at the bottom in the interior of the washer.
What could be my problem.

BTW A few weeks ago I changed the food disposal which the drain tube from the dishwasher feeds into.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like you didn't adapt the disposal to accept the dishwasher when you replaced it a few weeks ago. If you disconnect the dishwasher drain hose, you can stick a flat head screwdriver into the disposal receptacle where the drain hose connects. There is a knock out plug inside this receptacle that you need to punch out by using a screwdriver and hitting the back of the screwdriver with a hammer. Knock the plug out, unplug the disposal, and reach inside the disposal to remove the plastic plug inside the disposal. Then just re-connect the drain hose from the washer to the disposal and you should be good to go again.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?