Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Panasonic model s262 manufactured in 2002 when itr

I have a Panasonic model s262 manufactured in 2002 when itr to get it to operate it will run maybe 4 seconds and shut off what is the matter
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Does the display do strange things right before it shuts off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

What exactly happens when it shuts off? Can you double check the model number, too, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

shuts off just like it was working right but it just does nt run but 4 secods counts down the time but quitsaftwer 4 seconds model number nn-s262 serial nuber u62260083

Thank you. Does the display go dark when it quits or does it just shut off and quit counting down?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

shuts off and quits counting down the clock is still on it quits just ike it had run like it is suppose to

Okay, so to be sure I totally understand, if you program it for a minute and start it, in four seconds it will shut off and the display goes back to displaying the time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you can program it for any amount of time but it will only run 4 seconds

Okay, so the main control (pictured below) is faulty. However, this part is no longer available, so it is time to go microwave shopping. I would recommend buying a Whirlpool or Frigidaire to replace it. They are much easier to get parts for.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the charge for this information

You valued the answer at $30 when you posted the question.