Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I started my Kenmore Elite dishwasher this morning went to

Customer Question

I started my Kenmore Elite dishwasher this morning went to add a cup and when I closed the door it started beeping for like 1-2 mins. and won't run
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
That number doesn't appear to be correct. Can you please look at the number again? It should start with 3 numbers, then have a decimal, then have some more numbers after.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The sticker has MOD 13922K012, SER F11702627, Stock No, Type No., 586-1 and then on the very bottom is W10297952C

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.

If this is a US appliance, there are more numbers before the 13922K012. Can I please get those numbers?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are not any numbers before and I just read in small print on the sticker that says Sears in Canada

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK that would be the reason it doesn't pull up... it was made in Canada. So that being said, do you have any lights on the control panel illuminating or anything other than beeping? If so, which lights and are they solid or flashing? Is the unit still beeping?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Absolutely no lights, after I added a dish and closed the door the beeping started and nothing works

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Is the unit still beeping or is it silent now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It goes silent after about 1-2 mins. and then if I open and close the door it starts beeping all over again.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK so it sounds like you just have a confused or shorted control board. Try to turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then you'd need to replace the control board. This appears to be a fairly new model so if it's less than a year old, call warranty and they'll replace the board at no charge. If it's over a year old, then it's likely out of warranty and something you'd need to have replaced at a cost to you.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?