Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our dishwasher (Model DU1100XTPB3), after 8 years of good service,

Customer Question

Our dishwasher (Model DU1100XTPB3), after 8 years of good service, suddenly doesn't get anything clean! It seems to go through all the cycles, just as before, but leaves the dishes dirty. Also, there is leftover detergent clumped in the bottom of the cup with the flip-up cover.

I checked the rotating arms for obstructions, but found none.

Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Wish detergent left in the detergent cup, that means water isn't spraying properly in your dishwasher. The first thing you want to do is just clean out all the holes on the wash arms with a toothpick to make sure you don't have clogged holes. If that doesn't solve the problem, you have one of two issues.

Either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?