Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

i have an electric kect 305v cooktop . all the burners burn

i have an electric kect 305v cooktop . all the burners burn only very high i have no temperature control. it is 24 years old. thank you
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Did they each start to do that at different times?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

different times but close on time

I understand, thank you. The only thing that controls the heat level of each burner is the infinite switch. It is not uncommon to have multiple switch failures over a very short period, especially with an "experienced" appliance. The switches will need to be replaced and are all the same switch. They are accessed by removing the cooktop and taking the bottom cover off. The switches are very easy to replace and if you do one wire at a time, they will be very easy to wire in with no difficulty. The correct switch is pictured and available below. You will need 4 of them. The switch does come with instructions, too.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Infinite Switch <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i took off bottom cover . that doesn't look like my infinite switch. my model is kect305val-1

The original switches are no longer available. They have been replaced with the ones I linked you to.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how does the switch come off?

Once the knob is removed, you may have a large nut or a couple of very small screws on the top.