Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The Condenser Fan on my PSS27NGPA refrigerator has gone bad

The Condenser Fan on my PSS27NGPA refrigerator has gone bad and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately I cannot find a replacement for it. Can you kindly assist in locating a replacement.

Thanks much

appliance Doc :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

appliance Doc :

So the part number has changed for this model which is probably why you can't locate the fan motor

appliance Doc :

The new condenser fan motor you'll need is WR60X10209

appliance Doc :

Here is a link to where you can order the part CLICK HERE

appliance Doc :

Now, I'm not sure exactly how you know that the condenser fan motor is bad. Possibly it's just not running? But one thing you want to check is the control board. Often times on this model the condenser fan motor will short out one of the resistors on the control board when it goes bad. If you remove the 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back of the refrigerator, there is a control board behind it. Look for any burnt or blackened resistors and if you see any, you'll need to replace both the control board and the condenser fan motor.

Customer:

the new part WR60X10209 carry the same specs as the the WR60X10081 and is it a 11.3 dc 2.2w?

appliance Doc :

yes, that is correct. 11.3 DC and 2.2w. It's also the ONLY part that will work for this model number now

Customer:

Do you think I should order two replacements since this seems to be a regular occurrence with this model?

appliance Doc :

No, I wouldn't order two. The newer part is supposed to have been re-designed and should be more resilient. You really shouldn't have any future problems with the fan motor itself once you replace it.

appliance Doc :

Was there anything else I can help you with today?