Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My DMR57LFS/XAA dishwasher will not start. Hit power then normal

My DMR57LFS/XAA dishwasher will not start. Hit power then normal cycle button. The led panel says time (wash starts blinking) and starts timing down. Befor it will start the error light comes on saying SE drain error. This is a not a new installation just removed it for a kitchen remodel and then replaced it. Was working fine before now this. Do you have any answers?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So error SE is definitely a drain error. If you have the drain hose connected to the garbage disposal and the disposal is new, it sounds like someone may have not punched out the knock-out plug on the disposal to allow water from the drain hose to enter the disposal. Other than that, if the unit was working beforehand, then it sounds like the drain hose was just kinked when the dishwasher was installed so you may need to pull the dishwasher out and make sure that the hose isn't getting kinked.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

The error code actually shouldn't appear for 1 or 2 minutes after the dishwasher starts. The first thing the dishwasher does is tries to drain any remaining water out of the dishwasher. Are you saying that the error code is there before you start the cycle?