Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE Adora electric range. it suddenly displayed F71

Customer Question

I have a GE Adora electric range. it suddenly displayed F71 code and started beeping. resetting the break does not help. pushed all the membrane buttons....and it went off and worked fine for 30 F71 aqain all indication are the keyboard failed. Strange that cleared and work though?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So F71 does mean that your touchpad is failing or one of the buttons is sticking. Try to unplug the oven and use a hair dryer to heat up the touchpad. Rub the buttons with your thumb in case one of them is sticking and then let the unit cool down. Plug the oven back in and if you still get an F71 error, the only thing you can do is replace the touchpad.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?