Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

What is the problem with a refrigerator maytag model number

What is the problem with a refrigerator maytag model number mfi2568aes it will work fine after it is disconnected and after 24 hrs or so the touch pad is blinking and doesn't work. Is it the low voltage board 67006294 or the control board 67006389? Thanks in advance.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is actually a very common problem for these french door refrigerators made by Maytag on the models where th unit just began production. The problem is that the main high voltage relay board has shorted out and will need to be ordered and replaced. The board is located on the back of the refrigerator so you need to pull the refrigeratour, unplug the unit, and remove the access panel about half way up the back to access and replace the control board. The control board is all plug and play and only takes about 15 minutes to replace, but the board will come with a white sheet of paper so make sure you don't discard this paper because it tells you which buttons to press on the front control panel to program it so it knows which refrigerator you have. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for this model. The part number you need is 12920710. Part 67006389 is the old part number, but it has been updated, so make sure you get 12920710.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!