Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

our Samsung DV409AEW dryer is not working. there is an hour

Customer Question

our Samsung DV409AEW dryer is not working. there is an hour glass in the display and nothing works... thoughts? thanks..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The hour glass cycle just means that the dryer is in the middle of the cycle and thinks the door has opened. Try to unplug the dryer for 60 seconds and see if the display will clear. Select a new cycle and try again. if the hour glass comes up again after you press the start button, then you have a bad door switch because it doesn't think the door is shut and the door switch will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Now if the hour glass never clears from the display even after unplugging the dryer, then you have a bad display board and the display board would need to be replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!