John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a ge refrigerator model# XXXXX and the ice maker

Customer Question

I have a ge refrigerator model# XXXXX and the ice maker stoped making ice,i still get water and its cold but no ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! If you look in the ice maker, can you see ice that has not been dumped or is the tray empty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ice tray is empty no ice is stuck.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! If you look at the tube that is in the rear of the ice maker that brings the water to it, does it appear to be frozen and plugged with ice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kind of hard to tell found tube on back left side but hard to get to can what looks like the ice maker be removed?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but it may be easier to remove the water line from the valve in the back of the cabinet and see if you can blow through it. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cant seem to get to the tube but it does feel solid(frozen) the ice maker hanging down is in the way can that be removed there looks like a clip in front will that remove that part with that out of the way i think i can get to the tube

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let me know what you see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should the ice level arm be up or hanging down?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, up is off, down is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its up when i pull it down it springs back up

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the fingers that eject the cubes are not in the right position. Where are they pointing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cant tell how do i check?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you see the tray where the ice cubes are made? The plastic fingers move to push the cubes out. Which way are they pointing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can not seew the tray

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cant see the fingers

Expert:  applianceguy replied 1 year ago.
Feel inside the top of the ice maker. Do you feel ice in the tray?