Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My countertop microwave blows the ceramic fuse when I open

My countertop microwave blows the ceramic fuse when I open the door. I have it apart. What should I check for?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The monitor switch is faulty in the door switch bracket. It is the small switch of 3 that only has 2 wires going to it and is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Door Switch <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I do see three switches. The top switch has two terminals, but one terminal has two wires to it. The middle switch has three wires and the bottom switch haf two. I suppose the bottom switch is the one you are referring to.

Is there a way for me to confirm this bottom switch as the problem by removing the wires or bypassing the switch?

Thanks again for the fast reply. Impressive!!

Daryl

You cannot bypass the switch, it is a safety and must coordinate with the others. You may wish to just replace all three switches, they are very inexpensive and if one has failed, the others may not be far behind. You could measure continuity through the switch, but that is not really an accurate test because it will likely be different under a load and current being pulled through it. I would just replace all the switches and you will be good to go.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

Do you have part numbers for the other switches?

They are all the same switch, available below. Just note the wire positions because the switch below is a universal one, the OEM is no longer available.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Thank you

You are very welcome!