Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a samsung rf267 ref. I keep getting a leak at the bottom

I have a samsung rf267 ref. I keep getting a leak at the bottom right lower freezer door. I have checked all the seals and they are ok. What i do find is ice build up on the plastic nearest the bottom right lower freezer door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Your freezer is designed to defrost itself once or twice per day. The water created during the defrost period is supposed to go down a drain that is behind the rear panel inside the freezer and into a condensate pan below the cabinet to be evaporated. That drain hole is frozen over and is not allowing the water to drain, so it is spilling into the freezer and building ice on the freezer floor. Once the ice is over the lip of the floor, it allows the water to leak out the freezer door and present as a leak on your floor. So, you will need to thaw the defrost drain. The easiest way to thaw it out and the way I recommend, is to open the doors for about 12 hours and allow it to thaw naturally. You will need to relocate the food, but this will assure that all the ice is thawed and the problem will not return. If you want a quicker solution, you can totally disassemble the entire freezer and remove the back panel and manually thaw it out. I do not recommend this due to the complexity of disassembly, but it is an option. Once the drain is thawed, you will have no more ice on the freezer bottom and no more leak on your floor!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!