Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

model 982 will not shutoff alarm sounds reads c2

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Error "C2" means that your evaporator thermistor has failed and would need to be replaced. Now Norcold says this is a non-serviceable part which means that on this model it may be built into the evaporator and you'll need a Norcold servicer to possibly replace the entire evaporator on this particular model. This is quite an expensive repair if the evaporator itself needs to be replaced and would likely cost about $500 to have replaced I'm afraid to say.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is working fine will not shut off

OK so that means that the thermistor doesn't think it's every getting down to temperature. The best thing I can suggest is to turn the unit off or disconnect power to it and shut it off, let it thaw out for 24 hours and see if it begins to function properly again. If not, then you'll need a servicer out to replace the thermistor/evaporator.