Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag 25 cu ft refrigerator (Model #MFD2560HES).

I have a Maytag 25 cu ft refrigerator (Model #MFD2560HES). The bottom freezer compartment is staying cold but I just noticed the refrigerator portion is not.
I turned up the coldness setting from 3 to 5 5 hours ago but still not change.

Looking for troubleshooting advice, such as unplug and plug back in to reset any internal settings?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the freezer door, do you see any frost on the back wall? Also, do you hear a fan running inside the freezer? if the fan is running, it will be noticeably louder when the freezer door is open as oppsed to closed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no frost in the back wall of the freezer. I do hear a fan running very softly and smoothly, same as always, not noticeable louder than normal.

OK then that sounds like your fan isn't running at all. The fan you hear that's really soft is the fan back by the compressor. There is another fan that should be running behind the back panel inside the freezer. This fan motor will be must louder when the freezer door is opened as opposed to closed. This fan motor blows air up into the refrigerator for the refrigerator to cool. If it's not running, then air doesn't get to the refrigerator and the freezer will still cool, but the refrigerator won't cool. Below is a link to the evaporator fan motor behind the back panel inside the freezer will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Everything inside the freezer will need to be removed, and the back panel removed to access and replace the fan motor, so if that is a bit too much for you to do yourself, it usually costs about $150 or so to have this part replaced with trip, parts, and labor.

CLICK HERE for evaporator fan motor

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the quick response. Please forgive my delay as I was attempting to secure a repair service before food going bad, as I can not fix myself. Took a few calls, hence the delay.

Again, this was my first time using the service and seems like a logical assessment. Thank you so much!

No problem and If you need anything else, just let me know. Please remember to rate me once you have all the information you need.