Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

WHERE IS THE WATER FILTER FOR MODEL # XXXXX? MY ICE

WHERE IS THE WATER FILTER FOR MODEL # XXXXX? MY ICE MAKER IS NOT MAKING ICE. THANK YOU. THE OWNERS MANUAL ILLUSTRATES ONE BUT NOT FOUND INSIDE THIS MODEL'S CABINET.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Your model even though the book shows a water filter, yours does not have one. are you getting no ice at all? Or just a reduecd amount?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IT SPIT OUT A HALF DOZEN CUBES AFTER A 24 HOUR WAIT SETTING BOTH THE FRIG AND FREEZER TO A #5 SETTING. NOW IT DOES NOTHING.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I RESPONDED. ARE YOU STILL THERE?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Look at the fill spout on the back of the fridge, make sure that it is not clogged up frozen with ice in it..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I WILL PULL THE FRIG OUT AND FOLLOW YOUR SUGGESTION. I WOULD LIKE TO DO A FOLLOW UP WITH YOU AFTER DOING THIS TO STILL THANK YOU AND FIELD ANOTHER QUESTION IF THIS DOESN'T SOLVE MY PROBLEM. THANKS FOR THE MOMENT.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I will continue to help you with free flollow ups for as long as necessary,,, I check everything before I tell you to replace something...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IS THE FILL SPOUT BEHIND A COVER ON THE OUTSIDE CABINET IN THE REAR OR AT THE REAR (INSIDE) OF THE ICE MAKER?

THE CUP AT THE REAR OF THE ICE MAKER IS WITHOUT ANY ICE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

EXCUSE THIS IF IT IS DUPLICATED. IS THE FILL SPOUT IN THE BACK OF THE FRIG ACCESSED BY A COVER OR IS IT THE CUP AT THE REAR (INSIDE) OF THE ICE MAKER IN THE FREEZER COMPARTMENT?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It is at the cup on the back of the unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I FIND NO ICE INSIDE (TOUCH TEST) THIS CUP. CAN YOU SUGGEST ANOTHER STEP OR AM I AT REPLACING THE ICE MAKER?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
No I need you to check the tube that foes into the cup for ice first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THIS MUST REQUIRE OPENING THE BACK OF THE FRIG, RIGHT?

I CHECKED THE LINE TO THE FRIG (OUTSIDE THE BOX) AND IT IS NOT QINKED. CAN YOU ADD MORE TO CHECKING AS ANYTHING BEFORE THE CUP IS NOT VERY VISIBLE.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
you should be able to fieel the rubber tube coming into the icemaker to see, other wise you can most of the time pull out the fridge and pull the rubber tube out of the unit completely and check it..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I FELT THE TUBE (PLASTIC) AS IT ENTERS THE CUP. IT IS A HALF TUBE AT THIS POINT. NO ICE FOUND AT THAT POINT. I WILL HAVE TO OPEN THE BACK OF THE FRIG AND GET TO THE TUBE YOU REFER TO. HOPEFULLY YOU'LL BE AROUND LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO RESPOND. THANKS SO FAR.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I plan to be here about 2 more hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THE LINE IS CEMENTED TO THE ENCLOSED CASE AT THE REAR OF THE FRIG BOX. I'M WONDERING IF THE DISTRIBUTION UNIT WHERE THE COPPER LINE FEEDS IN AND THE RUBBER HOSE TAKES OFF FOR THE FREEZER IS THE PROBLEM. THE WHOLE RUBBER HOSE FROM THIS UNIT TO THE INSIDE OF THE FRIG IS AT ROOM TEMPERATURE AND OUTSIDE THE FRIG BOX. I HAVE NO WAY OF ACCESSING THE HOSE FROM THE OUTSIDE TO THE ICE MAKER CUP.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
okay, the most common problem is a bad fill valve on this unit, It is usually going to be the problem, I would replace it, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your washing machine.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.