Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have Kitchen Aid confection wall oven Model #KSS06. While

Have Kitchen Aid confection wall oven Model #KSS06. While self cleaning oven panel went blank and door remained locked. Installed new control panel, door latch motor and thermostat. Panel comes on but oven light stays continuously on. When press bake selection "close door" annunciator light comes on and oven will not begin to heat.
How can we solve this problem?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can I get the full model number to better assist you please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK perfect, so there are only 2 things that can cause the problem you're having---either the control board, or the door latch assembly. Now you've replaced both you've said, so either one has come faulty, or it got mis-wired somehow when replacing the parts. So that being said, you need to go to the control board. There is a connection called "P7" which will have a tan, blue, and a tan color wire going to it.

Now you need to turn the circuit breaker off to the oven and unplug this connection from the back of the control board. Test continuity between tan and brown. You should have continuity when you shut the door and no continuity when you open the door. If you do, then your control board came faulty and it needs to be replaced.

Now if you do NOT have continuity, you're down to either mis-wiring the latch assembly, or having a bad latch assembly. The wires in question on the latch assembly would be the brown and tan wires and they should be going to the same switch on the latch assembly.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are not making yourself very clear. When checking between brown and tan wires to plug P7 there is no continuity with door either open or closed.When checking continuity on the pins that plugs into back of the board there is no continuity.Does this mean our board is bad or do we go to the latch check?

So this means that your control board is not the problem. If you don't get continuity between the brown and tan wires when you open and close the door, then the control board has no idea you are opening and closing the door.

So look at the latch and see if there is anything wrong with the brown and tan wires or if you connected them wrong or something like that. Because at this point the light switch on the lock assembly isn't giving a signal to the board that your door is shutting. If the wires all check good and the light switch is bad, you'll just need to replace the door latch assembly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the door latch assembly seems to have the motor drive essentric in the wrong position. checking continuity accross the motor shows open but i amusing a fluke ts1000 and it doesn't measure much resistance. is the motor high or low resistance.

It's high resistance but I don't think it's over 1000 ohms. Either way, the latch assembly would need to be replaced if its not moving into the correct position.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We found that the latch motor was in a locked position, we removed motor and ran it so motor actuator releases the latch, but light still stays on and fan is now running. When we press bake and start now we get

fault code F3 EO. What next?

That's a bad oven sensor or lock motor error. Test resistance of the oven sensor and it should be 1080 or so at room temperature. If not then replace the sensor. If it tests good then replace the door lock. It's as simple as that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oven themostat FSP part#9759242 was replaced. Is that the sensor or do we have to look for something else. Why didn't the door latch motor run the latch to the normal position? What exactly is error F3 EO?

Thank you so much for all your help and patience, it is appreciated.

Yes that is the sensor. The latch didn't return to the position because either the latch is bad or the sensor is bad as I said before. I'm not sure where the confusion is. You just need to test the sensor and the. Replace either the sensor or the latch. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.