Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have GE gas stove downdraft JVB36 which does not work. When

I have GE gas stove downdraft JVB36 which does not work. When I press the raise/lower switch, nothing comes but annoying sounds. It was installed more than 10 years. Can you repair?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you hear an annoying sound, that means that the motor is getting power and should be raising the downdraft. Unfortunately that means that either something is jammed or the motor has failed and is no longer moving. You'd need to disconnect all the venting going to the downdraft and remove the front panel so that you can see if something is jamming the linkage attached to the gear. If you find nothing, then the lift motor itself would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part that would need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE for lift motor

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!