Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

we have a whirlpool microwave over the range for 1 1/2 yrs. today only clock displays and

we have a whirlpool microwave over the range for 1 1/2 yrs. today only clock displays and when we hit button to operate, only timer info comes up. We cannot clear timer info, and tried shutting off at breaker, waited 10 min. and tried again. No cooking power, no fan, no light.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by "only timer info comes up"?

Does the timer count down on the display?

And do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker inside the microwave cavity and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX Whirlpool

We hit buttom for start or quick 30 sec. cook, and a timing sequence begins a countdown. Nothing happens during or after that countdown is done.

OK so this means that your microwave thinks that one of your 3 door switches has failed. You'll need to take the microwave apart and test the door switches. Replace the faulty door switch if you find one is faulty, otherwise, the display control board would need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the door switches.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!