Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I Have a whirlpool eye4850xq0. The lid locked light and sensing

Customer Question

I Have a whirlpool eye4850xq0. The lid locked light and sensing light come on , but nothing happens. Water is on and so is the drive belt. What's wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is a common issue where the actuator fails and the lid will lock and unlock but since the actuator won't go to the correct position it stops the washer from advancing so it will not start to fill with water and it keeps waiting and sensing. The actuator motor is located below the tub. To access this part, you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace and there is a video that shows you how to replace the part in the link as well.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help. sounds like an easy fix.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
It's fairly easy, yes. But it does require removing a few screws, unplugging the washer, and tipping the unit backwards to access the part.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?