Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have Maytag Neptune Was working great, but when start is pressed,

Have Maytag Neptune
Was working great, but when start is pressed, door lock blinks on, then turns off.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker either on the back of the control panel or just inside the door way depending on the model you have.

Also, if you press and hold the start button, will washer do anything different than blink on and then turn off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MAH5500BWQ

When I hold the start button down, the door locked

Oh gosh, it just restarted!! That is so wierd, but thank you for being in touch. A lesson learned, I guess, as, I should have tried a few more things. Have a good day.

No problem, I'm glad it's up and working again. Sometimes all you need to do is press and hold the start button to un-confuse the control board. This shouldn't ever really happen, but it's an easy fix. if the problem happens again and you can't reset it, you'd need to replace the display control board itself.