The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a Sears model #13922 dishwasher. I cant get it to turn

I have a Sears model #13922 dishwasher. I can't get it to turn on. When I open the door, it beeps 15 times, and when I close the door it beeps 15 times (for one cycle) and the "complete" light flashes four times and pauses for about five seconds and then flashes four times again over and over. The other panel lights are out and I cannot choose a cycle type.
I have turned off the circuit breaker in hopes of resetting the software, but that didn't work.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

May I have the complete model number from the manufacturers lable behind the door to the left, please?

It will be in this format: NNN.nnnnnnn (N=large number).

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. One moment please.
Sorry it is taking so long. I just located the tech sheet for your unit. One more moment please.
Barb again I appologise for the wait.
Please try to put the unit into diagnostics. Please let me know if it does or does not go into the diagnostics cycle. The following instructions will tell you how to do this.
Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-
1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between keys.
■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the
door is closed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you mean any of the "cycle" buttons or "option" buttons?

Cycle buttons, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

None of the buttons seem to be responding. Should I expect them to light up when I touch them?

Okay, Barb. If the unit will not go into the diagnostics mode then you have either a failed main control board or the keypad is not sending the signal to the main control board.
Try this. Use a hair dryer and warm up the control keys. While you are warming them up run your finger over them. This will free up any stuck keys and also tell you if it is the keypad or the control that needs to be replaced. If nothing changes after warming up the keys replace the main control board.
To do that remove all of the screws around the inside perimeter of the door and separate the two halfs. The control board can then be replaced.
Same goes for the key pad.
Please let me know if you need anytrhing else.
Best, Smitty
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, not having the lights come on when I push the button means the control panel is out?

It may be a stuck key that is causing this. Try the hair dryer trick and that will tell you if it is a stuck key or the main control board that has failed.

Please click here to download a copy of the tech sheet for your unit. You may find it useful.

Please let me know if you need anything else. If not please select a positive rating at this time. It will not close your question. You may ask all the follow up questions you like after rating my service.

Best, Smitty

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just got into diagnostics! Can you continue to help me?

Okay thats great!
Let the unit run through the diagnostics cycle. Note anything that happens. e.g; stops at a certain cycle and wont continue, gets stuck in a certain cycle, any lights flashing, etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Before you answered, I pushed the start button. Did I mess up the cycle? Right now the normal wash, heated dry, and start lights are on. I did hear it making sounds for a bit, but nothing now.

Barb, go ahead and unplug the unit for a couple of minuets and try it again, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It started up again. I've got my fingers crossed. Does turning the power off take it out of diagnostics? Well, it just went off. All lights are off.

When it appeared to be starting, I couldn't hear any noise like it was starting a cycle.

If it started and then stopped it is a control board issue. The touch pad would not be working now if it were the problem.

Replace the control board and you are good to go.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I checked with Sears and it is still under warranty. I will make an appt for service. Thank you for your help...

You are most welcome. Have a great day! =)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The link for the download of a copy of the tech sheet for my unit does not work. Can you send it to my email?

[email protected]

Okay. One moment and Ill upload it to a diffrent server.

Please click here to download the manual.