Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool cabrio dryer model no. WED7600xw0, and when

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool cabrio dryer model no. WED7600xw0, and when I try to start it up, it says it is sensing but nothing happens. It doesn't spin or heat up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you start the dryer and watch the display time for a few minutes? Does it count down like normal even though the dryer isn't heating up or spinning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it does

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so that is what I thought. First, make sure you're getting 240 volts to the dryer and not just 120 volts. Other than that, unfortunately it sounds like your fuse has failed. The fuse is mounted to the top of the blower wheel. Below is a link to a breakdown image and the fuse is part number 41. If you have a multimeter, test continuity and make sure the fuse has not continuity. If not, then replace the fuse. If you don't have a multimeter, just replace the fuse as it's the most likely culprit.

CLICK HERE for diagram

OK so this dryer is really hard to access. You'll need to look underneath the dryer because the blower wheel is mounted below the drum and you need to see take the front panel off to gain access. To do this, open the door and there are 2 hidden clips between the top panel and the front panel. Use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards so that you can access the screws coming into the top of the front panel. There are also 2 screws below the door way. Remove these screws and the front panel will hinge forward and down. Then you can see inside the dryer but you really need to remove the front drum support in order to access blower wheel housing.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?