Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

My front load Amana 7300 washers door is locked and add garment

Customer Question

My front load Amana 7300 washer's door is locked and add garment is lit up. I replaced the input pressure switch and hose, as instructed on another website, but the same thing is going on. Could you please help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Do you know hoe to unlock the door to open it, so you can get me the full model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model # XXXXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
What website would say replace the pressure switch for a add garment light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know, my daughter looked it up on line for me somehow.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Let's see if we can get it into service mode...

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Did that and the wash button is blinking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wash button blinks 8 times, pauses then 3 blinks, then longer pause before 8 again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas, did I lose you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer. I have waited 1 hour.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXX I look forward to helping you! Unplug the washer for 15 minutes and see if the control resets. Let me know what happens, please.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
You have an overflow condition, this can be caused by several things, llok at the tech sheet for this problem..

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no water in the machine. I have been moving it all day. It still has door lock and add garment lights on.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Is the drain pump coming on when you do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Can you get the door opened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, the door is locked and the add garment light is on, once I plug in the machine and turn the power on to start a wash. The machine remains locked, and I can push the power button 100 times, and it won't shut off.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Is there still clothes in the machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. I already took those out prior to pushing the 3 buttons on the machine to get the error code. I had to pull on the teardrop on the inside to release the door.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Okay, then your problem is a control board issue, you will need to replace the CCU on the machine, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
What is the reason for the Poor Rating you gave me???