Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a frigidaire washer model fwt445ges2. It goes through

I have a frigidaire washer model fwt445ges2. It goes through all of the cycles, fills, agitates, drains but no spin. During the spin cycle it will turn a couple of times periodically but never got to a full spin.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, first is the door lock light on the control panel lit ? 2nd are you sure this is draining completely ? spin the drum by hand do you hear any water sloshing below the drum ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The light stays on and door locked. The only water is what is still soaked. I just verified. So it has a humming sound while it's draining and will spin a couple times. Then nothing, you can hear the timer. As soon as it gets to the rinse cycle it will refill and then move the clothes back and forth.

okay so its timing down okay, the water is draining okay, the door lock works and the lights on so that leaves the motor control board. Motor Control BoardNNN-NN-NNNN      Main Product View this is a big expense unfortunately, this lists for $340.93, it is available at this link. you may however want to consider replacing the machine. thats entirely up to you of course. Its just when these machines start getting older a lot of things start to break. the motor control is located in the back right corner when looking from the front. theres an access panel in the back. I hope this helps. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yikes. Ok well one thing though... I got this machine from my boss. He and his wife were using it and it worked. They decided they wanted to get a matching set so they put this in the garage. So it was working, got moved to the garage for a couple years, then to my house. Is there something else this could be? Could it be an issue with the knob/dial? The knob/dial itself looked like it had been bumped while in the garage or something. It was not flat on the machine but crooked. So it rubbed when trying to turn it. I saw online somewhere else that the person had the same issue and he fixed the know which had gotten out of sync or something.

oh , mmm, well is the knob bent or the shaft bent ? also has it worked at all for you since you got it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its possible the shaft part is bent. And no we just got it home the other day. So no it hasn't worked since we moved it here.

Okay lets go over a few things, the timer moves around and does the fill the agitate and then drains, are you trying this is cold water or are you using hot water wash ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just cold water.

okay, so when it gets to rinse the water does go in for rinse ? I'm trying to determine exactly where the issue is by elimination.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah. It goes through all cycles but on the spin it never comes to a full spin. Turns a few times, pauses, turns a few times, and repeats for the spin cycle.

Okay well it doesn't sound like the timers the issue then. it may be that the connections on the motor control board are corroded after sitting so long. you may want to try taking the plugs off and spraying them good with HQ cleaner, you can get that at radio shack or lowes, just unplug all the plugs from the motor control and spray both the plugs and the plug connectors. other than that it sounds more like the motor control than the timer since it counts all the way down.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found a metal pin thing inside of the washer how can I send you a picture of it? There are no identifying marks except what looks like a 33.

A metal pin ? in the drum or underneath when you opened it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was in the bottom by the motor and pump. It looks similar to the type of part to a bike pump you put on to fill up a basketball. That's the only way I can think of describing it without sending a picture.

okay , watch this video and it shows you haow to upload a picture to just answer. click that blue link

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here you go. The inside of this machine was pretty immaculate for being as old as it is. This was the only thing beside a LITTLE dust.

I don't believe that came from the machine, I've looked at every part in this machine and didn't see anything that looked like that and in all the years I've worked on these I've never seen that. I have to stay with my original diagnoses. wish I had an easy fix for you, sorry, have a great night, Bryan

I was wondering is you recieved my reply ? I see this question is still open and not accepted, Is there something more I can help you with ? If so please ask. If you are all set please rate me 3 or above so I will get credit for helping you, Thanks and best wishes, Bryan