Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Frigidaire model # XXXXX freexer is leaking water out

My Frigidaire model # XXXXX freexer is leaking water out of the bottom. what is usually the problem ?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is there a sheet of ice on the freezer floor ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

okay perfect, I assume you don't have an ice maker , The issue is the defrost drain is plugged. this happens from time to time and the water has no where to go. the fix is to remove the back panel inside the freezer behind your food. the panel is numbered 25 on this diagram. there are 4 screws along the bottom and 4 on the top plus 2 more in the middle of the panel. unplug the freezer and remove the panel. boil some water and pour it over the ice under the silver coils until the hole is revealed and then keep pouring water on the hole until it melts and drains again. I'll be right back with a link to a defrost drain heater for you. this prevents freezup.
okay heres a link to the defrost strap. this wraps around the heater and drops into the drain hole to prevent this from freezing up. Drain Strap 819043 Main Product View it comes with instructions, here the link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Strap/819043/726493?RCAID=1000065 thanks and best wishes, Bryan