Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi - I have a Whirlpool Model GH5184XPB and it all of the sudden

Hi - I have a Whirlpool Model GH5184XPB and it all of the sudden has no power (No lights, fans, leds, etc). I metered the resistance across the main fuse inside the control panel area and it was 0 Ohms (so good). I also metered and got 120V leaving the fuse and making it to the contactor on the control panel. It seems like there is something wrong after that point.

Any ideas?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning,if you getting power to the main control board on the control panel the control itself has the board your talking about ? Main Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNNAlternate Product ViewMain Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNNAlternate Product View can you see if you have power at the converter board ? Inverter Board W10217710 Alternate Product View

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just checked for voltage at the first place power comes on to the beige power supply board before the transformer. I am not sure where the "converter board" is. I was afraid that if I have power to either of the control boards (beige or green), they would need replaced.

I think they are like $135 to buy though and its probably not worth it.

Thats the issue , Your smart board is what you tested I believe. if you get power to the smart board and it doesn't light up then its bad, your correct ,At Sears they get $148.00 for this and the problem is you don't know for sure what caused the failure and if any other part was damaged at the same time. most people replace the microwave if the replacement part is half the cost of a new microwave, thats up to you of course, heres a link to the part just so you have it. its called the electronic control and it controls everything. thanks and very best wishes, Bryan