The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Why is my front load LG TROMM washer not spinning out and always

Customer Question

Why is my front load LG TROMM washer not spinning out and always showing LE?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the model numbert of your unit, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the model number? Wm2487HWM
Yes. One moment please.

Okay. You have a thermistor (temperature sensor) that has failed. This is a simple repair and can be done as a DIY project with just a few simple tools.
Please give ma a bit more time to get parts and repair information typed up for you.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and waiting patiently!

Please click here to order the new thermistor.

The thermistor is located at the back of the unit at the base of the wash drum.

Safety First! Unplug the unit before you start to work on it.

Remove the back cover and it is the part to the right at the bottom of the wash tub. Replace it and the system will automatically reset when you plug it back in.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best, Smitty

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We received the part today but cant find where it goes! Please help us!

Pull the unit away from the wall so you can get to the back of it. There is an access cover there. Remove the screrws holding it on and you will see the main pully. Directly behind it is the outer wash tub. Go to the bottom of the outer wash tub. You will see wires going there. The wires go to two components. The one on the right hand side is the thermistor. Remove the screws holding it to the wash tub and replace it.