Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Samsung RF267aars ice maker is dripping water in the ice maker

Samsung RF267aars ice maker is dripping water in the ice maker compartment and ice bin. If I turn off the ice maker problem is gone but of course no more ice. Ice maker will make ice well problem is the water drip. Do I need a new ice maker or control board or both?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

good afternoon. First there are no serviceable parts in the ice maker itself , Since you shut the is maker off and theres no more water dripping its not the inlet valve its the ice maker itself. (The fill cycle isn't shutting of when its supposed to)

Ice Maker Assembly DA97-05422A Main Product View You need to order and replace the ice maker which in this refrigerator is cheaper than most. $76.25. heres a link to order the ice maker. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/DA9705422A/1557822?modelNumber=RF267AARS?RCAID=1000065 thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just ordered the ice maker. Hope it solves the problem. Will find out in about a week.

Thanks for your help.

okay let me know. thanks, Bryan
I was wondering is you recieved my reply ? I see this question is still open and not accepted, Is there something more I can help you with ? If so please ask. If you are all set please rate me 3 or above so I will get credit for helping you, Thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will let you know how the replacement ice maker works out.

okay no problem, we've been having a lot of site issue's just wanted to make sure you got my replies. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Installed the ice maker last night and so far so good. Thanks for the advice.

thats great, good job ! please don't forget to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you. thanks and have a great weekend ! Bryan