Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Im planning on replaceng my Jenn Air S135 with a JES 9800CAB.

I'm planning on replaceng my Jenn Air S135 with a JES 9800CAB. I'm concerned about the control panel and wanted to know what the failure rate is? I'm stuck with Jenn Air Dueto my kitchen design.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good afternoon, Well this particular Range has a major failure rate on the control. As far as us rating it thats a little unfair on our part but this only gets a rating of 1 star out of a 4 rating system. these oven controls are bad from the factory and as far as I know they haven't fixed the issue yet. Oven Control Board 8507P234-60 Main Product View Now the best way to go if you need to have this range is to get the extended warranty . Its usually a few hundred dollars for a 3 year plan. now compare that to a replacement clock (control) the cost of that if you were to install it yourself is $327.70. thats without labor. So if your set on buying this get the extended warranty. I've heard of people replacing these as many as 3 times in 3 years.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THanks for your answer. I dont know of any other range I can use.

The curren range is a JennAir e/w Downdraft. W/O going to a big expense fir a remodel I will take your advice.

there are not many unfortunately that will work for your situation. Sad as that may be. your best bet is the extended warranty even though its more money. it protects you in the long run. I expect they will have these controls fixed in the near future and once thats done the issue will be resolved. thanks and have a great Sunday ! Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The seller of the new jenn air has agreed to a 5 yr . parts and labor extended warranty. I will have to read it very carefully before I sign. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't really need anything more unless u comment on the above either a positive or negative is ok.