Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

front load washer not working, makes a grinding noise when

front load washer not working, makes a grinding noise when start button is pushed. tried to reset, no luck. some water in machine.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number so I can assist you better ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay thanks. Now you say a grinding noise when you start this. I believe you have something stuck in you drain pump. theres a trap on the drain pump have you cleaned that out yet ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I have not cleaned the pump. I need guidance to access the pump.

okay , under the door is an access panel. there are screws way down near the floor holding this on. (you may have to lay on the floor to see them) the panel is number 5 on the diagram in the following link. just click that blue link. once the panel is off get lots of towels ready there will be water. turn the trap counter clockwise slowly and sop up the water until no more comes out then turn it the rest of the way and pull the trap out. clean it good and check to see if theres something sticking into the impeller on the pump.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll do that now and get back to you with result.

okay good, let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good call. Two nickles, a steel neck chain, a brad nail and some lint in trap. I checked impelled for obstructions, found none, and was able to spin it with my finger.

Started machine and it appears to be working normally. I left bottom cover off to verify no leaks. FYI I used a plastic storage container cover to catch water, in lieu of towels.

Good job, Thank you for the advice.

Take care and have a great day.

Your very welcome, Good job ! thanks and please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you. thanks and best wishes, Bryan